Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm Back!

More than 2 months with no posts, but here I am again. My lack of posting started with family vacations. Then BoyMonkey was out of summer school and home all day with me. We kept ourselves busy, but I had almost no time to myself to even consider knitting, let alone blogging about it.

(To the right is BoyMonkey after eating blue cotton candy at a Giants game this summer)

Even though he's been back at school for 3 weeks, I haven't done any knitting or blogging because I feel like crap. All the time. Well, mostly in the evenings, but even if I felt good enough in the morning, BoyMonkey now goes to school in the afternoon and is home with me all morning. I've lost my mojo. My knitting mojo is non-existent. Actually, my mojo for everything beyond watching TV and sleeping is gone. Hopefully it will be back soon. But there is a good reason for feeling so horrible: I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant!

Baby2 is due April 12. I have a couple of ultrasound pictures, but they are not much more than a smudge in the middle of static. My morning sickness has been evening sickness this time. 5:00 hits and I'm nauseous and miserable for the rest of the night. I can also be nauseous and miserable at any other time of the day, especially if I don't eat almost constantly. But the last few days have been better. I actually knit a couple of rounds on my Kaw Kaw Monkey socks while waiting in the car for school to start today.

BoyMonkey is very excited about being a big brother. He talks every day about "our baby" and what he needs to teach the baby (how to eat, how to crawl, how to walk, etc.). We've read him a few books about being a big brother that included a page or two on how the baby grows. So he knows what an umbilical cord is and what it's for. When I eat something, he tells me that the baby is eating it too. "Does the baby like yogurt? Does it feel cold to the baby?" It's beyond adorable. He's going to be a fabulous big brother.

Wednesday was a very special day in our house. It was BoyMonkey's 4th birthday! I can't believe he's so old already. And so big. And so grown-up. We gave him a special day with waffles for breakfast, a couple of presents before Daddy went to work, cupcakes for his class at school, dinner anywhere he wanted (Boston Market, of all places. I tried to convince him to go somewhere else, but he wasn't having any of it.), and more presents before getting to bed way past bedtime. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share since we were so busy having fun that we didn't take any. His birthday party is this weekend. I plan on having an incredibly casual event. We're going to show up at the park to lay claim to the single large picnic table, have bagels and fruit, let the kids play, eat birthday cake, and go home. No goody bags. No elaborate food set up. No organized activities. Just a bunch of kids playing at the park while adults chat.

This post is already so long, totally link-less, and mostly pictures-less. Something more exciting next time, I promise. And it won't be another 2 months.

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

A something more exciting next time post?? Are you kidding! You're pregnant!!! Yay!! So exciting!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Hope the feeling exhausted subsides soon!

cockeyed said...

...really excited for your new arrival to be here! So sorry that you are feeling crappy! Take care and feel better:}

Jeneane said...

congrats - that's wonderful